Here in Australia, the weather is starting to turn. The oppressive heat of summer has passed and the air feels crisper and more inviting.
I love this time of year wholeheartedly.
I am not a warm weather lover. The cold suits my temperament right down to the ground. So, I thought I would share with you some of my favourite things about the cooler months.
* The clothes. Cardigans, jumpers, boots. I am all about it.
* Blankets. Being able to snuggle up on the lounge or in bed with my boyfriend and my kitty cats is a bliss I can never get enough of.
* Hot drinks. Coffee, tea, hot chocolate. I love them all and while I do indulge in these all year round, it must be said they have a much more satisfying presence at this time of year.
* The food. I love winter warmers. Comforting soups and stews and casseroles. Yum! Plus it's always so easy to make more than you need and live off delicious leftovers for days.
* Naps. There are very few things nicer than climbing back into bed on a gloomy Sunday afternoon, curling into a ball and catching an extra 20 minutes of sleep. If a cat wants to join in the slumber party, all the better.
* The ocean. I live quite close to the coast and have access to some of the best beaches in the world and while I'm not even close to being a beach betty, I love to look at the water, especially in the winter. Going for a drive, getting some kind of delicious hot drink or snack, and taking in the amazing views is a wonderful way to while away an hour or two.
* The colour palette. now, I wear pretty much whatever I like, whenever I like but seeing other people indulge in deep berry lips and wine coloured finger nails gives me a strange kind of satisfaction. That being said, I'm currently wearing bright blue nails and loving the way they look with my red flannel shirt but as I said I have no real rules, but deep reds and berries have my heart, always.
I could continue waxing lyrical over the beautiful and relaxing grey light of autumn and winter but I will leave you there for now. I've talked myself into a nice large mug of spiced tea and I can't resist its call any longer.
I hope you're enjoying the weather, wherever you are in the world. x