I've mentioned it before, but, I have been rewatching Gilmore Girls the past couple of months in preparation for the new episodes. I just finished up with season 5 so I only have one more season to go and It's gotten me thinking about what I personally, would like to see happen in the upcoming four episodes.
Now, if you're not all caught up with the show, I wouldn't keep reading since my little wishlist will definitely have some spoilers.
* The first and main thing I'd like to happen is probably high on most peoples lists, and that is to have Luke and Lorelai together. I don't really want to go through another 'will they, won't they', I just want the first episode back to start and have them already happily married. Maybe even with a kid.
* As far as Rory's love life goes, I'm happy for a little bit more suspense and wouldn't even mind a wedding in the upcoming episodes. I'm rooting for her and Logan to make it work but I wouldn't be disappointed if Jess made a romantic reappearance either. Just so long as it's not Dean. Dear lord, please let her be over Dean once and for all! He's just too dull to function. I suppose a new romance with a yet unknown character is within the realm of possibilities too, but of course I can't pass judgement on that until it either does or doesn't happen...
* I'm interested to see what they do with Emily's character since Edward Herrmann, the actor who portrayed Richard has sadly passed away since the shows finale. I love Emily's character and hope she Lorelai and Rory have remained close.
* I definitely want to see plenty of Stars Hollow, including at least one of their annual festivals.
* The only side character that I'm really longing to see where they ended up is Paris. I hope she's mellowed with age but not too much of course.
Overall I'm just excited to be back in Stars Hollow and see how all the regulars have fared in the 9 years since we saw them last. Of course I have expectations and there are some story-lines I'd like to see more than others but I trust that Amy Sherman-Palladino will do a great job in reminding us why we loved this show in the first place.